Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Is Amir taller in malls?

I had a photo shot by friend at a mall in Noida in which I was resting my shoulders on a mannequin of Amir's Ghajini caricature. I am nearly six feet tall and Amir is just five point someone in height. But it was not the same in that model. I was shorter there, which can mean that it is rare to have a larger-than-life image.
Gulal is interesting though a rather dark movie. How realistic can we actually portray? For example, can we show on the screens the relief when pressure is off the morning shit? I am at loss to understand the extent to which we can stretch the realism factor in cinema. Sometimes it makes me feel that the real world is really a sham but do we have the balls to accept all?
i do not know if there is a split personality which pines for a simple sweet notalgic song from the movie Rajnigandha and also is taken aback when I encounter the vulgar realities in certain movies like Gulal. Will try to figure out the paradoxes in future if I do not technically grow insane in that process.

No comments: